Monday, April 28, 2008

IIM n MICA

During the IV, I thought a lot about my blog. I'll write this, I'll write that and I'll describe the entire trip and all.

But now that I have my lappie in my hand, I'm thinkin, who the hell will take that much trouble?

I'll mention only some stuff and that too in my usual random fashion.

The first thing I'd like to say was I got bored in Ahemdabad and that's because I don't plan to do an MBA or ever go to MICA. Both the libraries were great, campuses were excellent and both have awesome facilities. Yawn...who doesn't know that?

By the way, MICA belongs to Ambani (I forget which one) and he allows them to run it the way they want. I found that fact pretty cool.

The canteen at MICA is awesome. What food!!!

Whatever pics I have I'll be uploading soon, but can't praise these institutions anymore...

My friend Amey was green with envy when he heard I got to visit IIM, Ahemdabad. It's supposed to be the best one in India. And I was ready to trade places with him any day!

But I liked the campus a lot. That too coz of the trees and the prevailing peace.

I always wanted to go to a Boarding School like that...but my parents found me too precious to part with! And now they're regretting this decision :)

To make up for the lack of Malory Towers n St. Clares in my life, I decided to do my Ph.D in English from IIT, Mumabi. It has a beautiful campus and it's a place I spent most of my childhood in. I really miss that, and if I got an opportunity, I would just dash off to IIT.


5 comments:

BIG Omi said...

Tashu,
good re... IIM its actually a paradise for management students..
and MICA belongs to ADA Group.. they have this ad agency called mudra communications at lower parel .... its a division of reliance communication operating wid DBB and optimum media solutions Popularly known as OMS...
Accordin to me its just good for name sake..

hey IIt is again a fundoo place... i hope u have heard about MOOD Indigo.. Fattey college fest...

Do they have phd in english?? i doubt it..

and their campus is a new world in its own... they have a lake and all ..

awesome place..

Tasha said...

Omi:

Ha ha! I know abt IIT quite a lot! I used to play, skate, cycle in the campus! I've even had picnics at Vihar Lake, which is now closed for the public.

I have a lot of memories there...IIT made my childhood more colourful.

They do have Ph.D in English...n the best part is that you HAVE TO stay in their campus!

BIG Omi said...

u know how to skate... ... ahhaa..u r a multi dimensional personality... :D

great stuff ... go for it.. its heaven inside.. u will make it even better..

BTW i have access to that vicinity.. my frnds dad is a staff member there... so they all stayin inside.. yay..lucky mee!!

i thinnk my office is sufferin from mid noon conference syndrome... we are having it everyday here.. :P

ur parents were staff members of IIT kya? (yikes..i hope m not going too personal)

omi

Tasha said...

Omi:

Lol, yes that's also personal. My Dad has done his Ph.D frm IIT n keeps getting invites from there.

Really lucky u!!!

Now things r really strict, but I still hv permission to enter -- so luck me2!!!

Rupali Shinde said...

Actually, IIM was rocking,but i don remember nething except its huge rather beautiful campus.but overall awesome experience.
Good u r planning for it....
Remember me n teja were singing ur favourite song of "Gaurav"- "am really gonna miss dis dayz, am gonna mis ma clg dayzzz".
MICA was cool n dat professor was toh mahacool....wat personality dat prof carried......too cool...but only 1 -ve point-water really sucked of IIM n MICA!