Sunday, April 27, 2008

One minute I was studying…and 21 years later I’m a GRADUATE!!!

Hurray!!!! Yippee!!! I’m finally a graduate!!!

Ok, so what if I haven’t got my results? My Profs. say that it takes a lot of effort to fail this course (BMM)…and I’m too lazy and the word EFFORT doesn’t exists in my dictionary!

But this exam was different in every way for me. Usually I plan to study, make endless time-tables and promise myself that I’ll make my parents proud. But then, things fall apart.

I console myself thinking I’ll do well in the next exam. But this time was the last time. I had reached the final lap and I knew, I had to do well.

I ignored all health problems, stopped looking at the clock and just did it somehow. It felt great to study. I was happy and gave even the worst papers my best shot. Is this how geeks feel? Now I know it’s possible to love writing exams…wow, maybe I’ve finally grown-up. Or am I demented? Who cares…

Our exams got over on 12 April and I left for my Industrial Visit (popularly known as IV) on the 13th!!!

This time we visited IIM and MICA in Ahemdabad and then Mount Abu. We all had a great time. Totally “raapchik” trip, as my friend Kiran would say!

I’ll elaborate on that later. I got back from the trip on the 19th, rested and caught up with my family on the 20th and then began my interview sessions.

I learnt a lot through interviews and I’ll have a separate post for that.

Good News –

My best buddy Sudha got a job as a reporter in a BIG media house! Alas and alack! She will be going to Bangalore for the job! Anyways, I wish her all the luck in the world, and hope she doesn’t forget me! Will miss you, Haathi!

Preeti, Nikita and Vikas have also got jobs as reporters in the same organization.

Two of my Ad friends, Dish n Sweetu have got jobs in reputed Ad Agencies.

If anyone from our class has got a job, then do comment and let me know. At least I can be in touch that way.

I’ll be updating like crazy soon, so be prepared for that.

P.S – Those who haven’t got a job shouldn’t get worried. There are lots of openings and one just has to keep a look out for them. Good Luck to all!!!

11 comments:

Smiling Serpent said...

hearty congrats, Tash, u almost a graduate now :)

what's the program now? further studies or employment. all the best, whichever it is.

keep blogging

BIG Omi said...

yeah I klnow,
its really difficult to fail in BMM .. I did my grads in BMS . its same there... Exams over health?? Not a good chice... but sigh for those exams are over... yipeee.. and you had your IV after your sems... strange?? generally we have our IV between the sems..

And hows IIM and MCA? I guess u must have liked that IIM's famous library.. :P

And great congrats to your well placed friends... what abt you ...? you will continue working at the same place... or u looking for some change... ??

Howz ur health now?
Take care and do well...
Omi

Anonymous said...

Smiling Serpent:

Only serpents in Ruskin Bond books smile.

Anyways, thanks a lot! I plan to work right now and m thinking about an MA in English.

But they hardly have any Shakespeare and I love his works!

Anyways, the syllabus is changing, so I hope it has some interesting stuff.

Tasha said...

Omi:

How were your exams???

My health is fine now, thanks!

I got bored at IIM...and even at MICA actually! But Abu was great! I'm a nature lover and Abu has this nice lake and hills and flowers n all that kinda thing.

I'm looking out for change and that too big-time. I've been for a few interveiws...let's see what happens!

BIG Omi said...

Good to know u doin well...

i passed out last year... currently m working with reliance Big entertainment...

Ohh.. so u a nature gal...
he he:P

u did bmm frm which institute...
and how is this timbaktoo?? will be visitin this evenng...

Tasha said...

Omi:

Timbucktoo rocks! But it has no proper back rest. That's the only minus point. They hv great offers. Like on Thursdays they give one jar or whatever u call it of beer free. Extra one I mean.

I don't give out personal info on blogs...sorry!

BIG Omi said...

what personal info men?? ??

BIG Omi said...

okay.. got it..
u talkin abt institute thinge... gosh
... will rememba it next tyme..
cheers tc..

sanket kambli said...

yes you are demented ... exams are not supposed to be loved!!!
we should love not having exams...
good to have you back and blogging

Anonymous said...

Haathi has got a very good memory. how will I forget u?? nywa even i'll miss u :(.

Rupali Shinde said...

Yes,dats true dat finally we r graduates- but am at 20.
I also love examz.....N examz were really good...i hope result will be good...
IV rocked completely!!!