Sunday, October 11, 2009

The great retreat

My Uncle recently got a plot in Karjat...that seems to be in vogue right now - buying plots and then building a weekend home there. It sure sounds fun the way my Uncle talks about it.

My uncle's plot is nestled among several others, which are surrounded by beautiful green woods. A little stream goes running by this land, meandering its way through large, intimidating rocks. One can usually find my Uncle, Aunt, their two kids and two other kids (labradors) sitting on the rocks and splashing around in the water.


My Uncle's got big plans for the plot. He and his elder brother (Big Uncle) plan to erect a wind vane (the prototype's already whirring away on their land), windmill (will be ready soon), a tree house (how Enid Blytonish!!!) and shed. They plan to live in a container rather than build a house...reminds you of Enid Blyton's Famous Five, Five Find-Outers or Secret Seven stories, right? Well, considering he's been brought up on those books, I guess he's just fulfilling his childhood dreams. And how cool they are! I wonder how many years would pass by before I could fulfil my dreams...


The kids love it and the dogs simply go wild at Karjat. You get your space there and not to mention quiet. The human mind is such that it needs open spaces to run free...only then one can be at peace. Its seems like an ideal retreat for our minds cramped in flats and offices.


I haven't been there yet...excuse: office. Will go there next weekend if my Uncle's free.

Someone's bursting crackers - ouch! That one startled me! I HATE fireworks, especially the noisy ones. Gosh, now they're bursting two-three together...sounds like atom bombs, the bloody fools. I thought such high-decibel ones have been banned...crap, there they go again. I'm getting a headache now :x

Anyway, I shall now attempt to sleep amid all the 'celebrations'. I thought Diwali meant festival of light, where the heck did all the sound come in from?

3 comments:

sanket kambli said...

i like firecrackers that hav lots of light and colors and that explode high up in the sky...
weekend home sounds gr8!! is this the same uncle who did downhill biking... tell him to put up a obstacle course for his biking in his yard... to enjoy some fun biking!! eh!

Tasha said...

Hey, the biking thing sounds fun! Yeah, he's the same guy...I hope to go there this weekend!

BIG Omi said...

hmm.. kool one.. hope u had a great diwali.......