Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Mothers Day???

This must be the first time I haven’t gifted my Mom anything. Giving her a gift is a pain, coz she rarely appreciates anything. I anyways take a shot at it every time, and try to gift her her heart’s desire.

It doesn’t matter what you do, it is never appreciated. But I still haven’t given up. I begin plans for the next birthday soon as one birthday has gone by.

She is the only person in my life I love unconditionally. I expect nothing, absolutely nothing. I don’t even expect a smile or a kind word from her.

It really hurts when someone you love so much doesn’t even bother to ask about you when you’re sick, but then life’s like that. It’s not possible to please everybody. And you definitely can’t expect love from somebody, especially when it is directed towards somebody else.

I’m used to stuff like that, thanks to my Mom.

Anyways, I was wondering about what to give her from my first salary…saaris, diamonds, gold, white gold, copper, silver, make-up sets, salwaar kurtas, pearls, books and stuff like that is done. The choice seems to be limited when it comes to choosing a gift for her…

At the same time I’m also wondering about what I’ll say when she sees my gift and says, “Why did you buy such an expensive gift for me?”

Er…I love you Mom, that’s why? (hell, she hates any show of affection).

I usually say sarcastically, “I give you such stuff coz I like wasting money on people I dislike.” Lol, this one works best! :D

Then after exclaiming over the price of the damn gift, she usually says, “Anyway you dislike/hate me. You never do anything to help me. What’s the big deal if you buy such gifts, you should help me more. I will die soon…”

And then guys, I’m well and truly stumped.

3 comments:

sanket kambli said...

some people have different ways of showing love

BIG Omi said...

I thot God broke that mould after making my mom... well all moms are same...

I love you Maa.. but can't express it...

Well finally what you gifted finally... ?

Give me some some suggetion so that i can gift or proffer something to my Maa..

(well all moms in this world rocks !!)

Tc.
omi

Vishwajeet Dangat said...

all moms brain work similar i guess!