Thursday, January 14, 2010

Broke the block!!!

I finally did it! I managed to break through my writer's block!!! Yippppppppppppppeeeeeeeeee! :D :D :D

Last night I went to bed at 11 PM, but couldn't sleep. I tossed and turned and turned and tossed...you get the drift. Anyway, suddenly, this idea that I had long, long ago in my mind, sprouted. Excited, I sat up in bed, thinking hard. That was the moment of truth for me. It struck me with full force that if I would not write down this story, I never would. And if I wouldn't write it then, I could probably say goodbye to writing forever...

After a long day's work it's difficult to write anything. I mean, you're more dead than alive at midnight if you have been slaving in office from 9 AM to 10 PM in office; but this time circumstances were different. After a day that involved only eating, sleeping and blogging, I felt like I could write all night long if necessary!

And how I wrote! My nerves were tingling in anticipation and brain was rushing along at a pace my writing could barely cope with. Once started, I could not stop till the finish. In case I haven't mentioned this before, I love writing stories for children. This particular one is for kids aged between, say, 6-10 years. Now I just have to edit my first draft and then complete the series. I'm out of the pit!!!

Cheers to life!

8 comments:

Pest said...

wowww sweethrt....would love to read d stry... and I am happy ur writing again :)

Unknown said...

Glad you are back writing. You can maybe post it here so we could all read it.
Anyways, have a terrific day!

sanket kambli said...

next JK rowling in the making... wow...

Tasha said...

Pest: Thanks a lot! Will definitely show you the story once the final draft is ready :)

Mr Stupid: I plan to eventually publish it, so won't be able to post it here. If I face rejection from a million publishers,then I will ;)

Sankoobaba: Don't say such things!!! You'll give me the screaming willies.

Unknown said...

So I guess, we will never be able to read your post here.
But I will maybe buy one of your book....:)

shanaz | My Reverie said...

Found your blog through linkreferral and ended up reading through your posts. I am glad the block went away and you're writing away as if possessed by the writing spirit. :)

A state all writers live and breathe for. Keep writing!

oh btw Mr.Stupid is here too. Hi Mr.stupid. He he he.

Tasha said...

Shanaz: Thanks! It's nice when you meet someone who understand that spirit. My folks tend to think I'm a lazy lout whenever I moon about not being able to write.

And thanks for reading my posts! Very flattered, although I'm sure Buddha would have disapproved of this trait as well ;)

Tasha said...

Mr. Stupid: Bless you for saying that! Hope you really have to shell out a lot of money for my book :P