Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A diet full of food

I was very, very determined to wake up at 6 AM today, but being a Master Procrastinator, I managed to snuggle down for another 30 minutes more before my conscience began to prick me, and then abandoned my bed with alacrity when it bit me. The silver lining is that 6.40 AM is not bad at all compared to 9.30, which is like afternoon for me. I was supposed to do some stretches and all, but got late so couldn't do them. Anyway, there's always a tomorrow, begging the pardon of Mr. Keating for contradicting him.

I plan to keep myself fit 'n' fine by eating right and eating on time. 8 AM breakfast, 11 AM a fruit snack small one coz I don't really enjoy fruits), 1 PM lunch (the curd will keep acidity at bay), 4.30 PM snacks (I solemnly swear to lay off the fried chicken nuggets), 7.30 PM dinner. Today things have been delayed by half an hour, but that's ok, one has to make some exceptions. So, since today is an exceptional day, I think I might as well get started on the nuggets ;)

The plan is to keep fit, and NOT, as some may think a diet to slim down. But yeah, if I start snacking on fruits and boiled veggies (yuck!!!) and lose a little weight in the bargain, I'm not complaining! :D

3 comments:

sanket kambli said...

your rules or routine
reminds me of rules of Jane Fonda..in the movie
"Georgia Rule"

still I hope you follow your routine..though dinner at 7.30 seems early if you sleep late...

and I would recommend doing yoga to complement this routine..

best of luck for it..

shanaz | My Reverie said...

"So, since today is an exceptional day, I think I might as well get started on the nuggets."

-That line made me giggled. Haha. A diet full of food for a title is not so bad at all since the aim is to keep fit, rather than to lose weight.

Losing weight as a bonus, is actually a real motivation than going in on a full throttle diet that will sometimes yield the exact opposite, once we start craving for more food. Great stuffs, Tasha! :)

Tasha said...

Sanket: Hmm, haven't seen that movie but now I will :) Thanks, and will try to do some Yoga.

Shanaz: I'm glad I made you smile. Yeah, dieting is my excuse for eating more now ;)