Friday, January 15, 2010

A delayed day

I woke up at 9.30 AM today with a severe headache. I think it was triggered off by acidity; last night I came home at 10.30 PM and had dinner. Anyway, I had decided to make corn upma for breakfast, which took a lot of time. Moreover, I misjudged the amount of corn I had and put in too many green chillies. My tummy immediately turned into an inferno. By the time I finished breakfast and cleaning the dishes, it was almost 12. I should have started cooking lunch then, but the hammer inside my head continued to strike so assiduously that I had to lie down. I began wondering what I would do for lunch, because my health does not permit me to eat from a hotel. Could things be any worse?

Yes, they could! Just then the electricity went phut! Now I had a headache, I was lying down and feeling unbearably hot. Around 2.30 PM, I began making onion parathas and fell prey to all seven of them! The upshot of it was that I fell into a deep, deep sleep and awoke to find the house in darkness. Mercifully, the fan was running, which meant the electricity was back. I don't have a headache now, but I don't feel like making anything for dinner. And after that enormous lunch of parathas dripping in ghee, I should just retire on fruits. I hope I sleep by at least 2 AM coz I have to go out tomorrow.  

   

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OK, 2AM sounds too late. You should maybe sleep a bit early...
How about 1:30AM...lol Just kidding

Still early....:)

sanket kambli said...

2 AM is too early..
once I slept at 4 AM !!!
watched TV!!!! back to back movies!!

corn upma and onion parathaas!!

you should putting up recipes yaar...

I am already hungry!! which is not a good thing when one is on diet

Tasha said...

Sanket: Hey, m not a great cook! I cook coz I need to feed myself somehow...but I think I'll put up the corn upma recipe. It's delicious, easy-to-make and healthy! Wow, I sound like some ad :)