Thursday, November 23, 2006

My Dad always buys me a lot of books, knowing fully well that reading it my favourite hobby. But I was disappointed the day he got me “The Monk who sold his Ferrari”. It was that preachy kind of book. I hate all these self-help books. So, I cribbed about it and decided I would read it the last. After reading all the other books my Dad had bought for me, I began reading it.

The very first line of the book was intriguing. I just couldn’t help reading further. Soon, I was hooked and I simply could not put the book down. I began reading the book at around nine in the night, and finished at one in the morning. This was because I had to reread some parts...they were so interesting.

Now I’ll come to the most important part- what the hell does the book contain... The book consists of certain techniques that turn a tired, old and ill man into a radiant guy with youthful looks. No, I’m not kidding, it’s true! Whenever I read such motivating books, I go on a diet immediately and begin vigorous exercises. Alas and alack! They last only for a few days. With great gusto I begin my new diet, only to get bored and forget about them. The problem with me (and most people) is that I’m too lazy. My friend Sweetu truly said, “Motivation comes from within, not from other factors.” I understood this better through the book. It also tells you how to improve your will power and confidence levels.

The language of the book is very simple and since it’s in a story format, it doesn’t sound preachy. Without heralding about my new diet (I usually tend to do this), I began a new regime. It started off with butter milk, salads, fruits and drinking lots of water. I used to hate buttermilk, fruits and never would drink much water. But where there’s a will, there’s a way. And how true this is. Just a week after my change of diet, my aunt exclaimed, “Oh, you’ve put on weight and you are glowing! What have you done to yourself? ” This was the reaction I got from my friends, their families and some teachers. Needless to say, I was happy.

Now I eat a very balanced diet consisting of fats, carbohydrates etc. I thank my stars that my Dad got me this book. If he hadn’t, I would still be eating junk food and would have remained thin as a rake life long. I have also discovered mental powers, I never knew existed. I can’t believe I’m the same lazy person. Everything seems to have changed. And if I can do it, so can you! So what are you waiting for??? Go ahead, buy the book and reform your life!

And no, I'm not getting paid for promoting his book. Whatever I've written (I'm so sleepy that I hope it makes sense) is the truth.

'Night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I will write one self book myself..
I would call it...
The baba who sold his pulsar!!!