Monday, November 27, 2006

School picnics are more of fun than educational, said a headline in today’s newspaper. That triggered off memories of my school picnics. Once, we were taken to the Airport to see how planes land and take off. Another time we were taken to cola factories to understand how the drinks were made. All the trips we were taken to were pure fun for fun. I’m sure none of us understood the object of our picnic. Where ever we were taken, we used to be given drinks and snacks; and for us kids, that was all that really mattered.

Once we were taken to the Hanging Gardens. I was curious about how the place got it’s name, but no one could satisfy my curiosity. When we visited one branch of Shoppers Stop, we were given free (promotional) caps. We never realized that we were just acting as marketing tools for them. I’m getting very nostalgic....all because of one newspaper article.
Anyway, I have 2 PM lecture today, so I need not hurry up much. I can also eat my lunch peacefully. I always read a book while eating and mostly the book has to be about eating. So I usually read Enid Blyton's Famous Five, Five Find-Outers and Dog, Malory Towers or Adventure series. All these books contain lots of talk about food!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

the funda of readin books on eatin while eatin is cool!

sanket kambli said...

i just read newspapers.....or read blogs....and music has to be playin too...or else i watch movie...