Tuesday, February 12, 2008

What is Love???

Yeah, I know it's an age-old discussed emotion. People have contemplated years and have yet not found a satisfactory answer that has been universally agreed upon.

Love means you're so crazy about a person that you'll do anythin (anything means anything, no restrictions) to bring a smile onto that person's face. That too without expecting anything in return.

When I give out this definition (it's not original), most reactions I get from girls are that they expect nothing in return. But they're wrong. Coz we always want something in return and I don't mean in material terms like gifts or surprises. You always expect the person you love to stand by you through thick and thin and to give you a ready shoulder to cry upon. Guys expect their girls to cook something special for them or whatever.

The point is that everyone shares a symbiotic relationship. So does that mean love does not exist?

Sure it does. Only thing is you need to be very unselfish, giving and I guess spiritual.

I follow the principle of giving without expecting in my life. But that's only with friends, strangers and my relatives.

The problem came when I found out that I can't do the same with my beloved life partner. I really was in a quandry. I try to expect as little as possible.

Best thing would be if someone could convince me that love has a better and definitely more convenient definition than this!!!

So help me out people!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whatever u have written about LOVE is absolutely tre. U (let it be gal/boy) expect sumthing from your beloved one. However,defination of love has definately change.Nowadayz u will find thick line between So-called friendship and love. I mean LOVE has become business for pple. Though they r committed to one,they will go around with someone else. Mazzak banke reh gaya hai.....i hope u understand. But tashi u r lucky(Touchwood)dat ur beloved partner is understanding(hopefully;-)...so u dont wrry about LOVE N n'joy ur Valentine....

Dawn said...

Well1 I also liked ur definition of love. Although I have ot yet fallen in LOVE with anyone in my life but I think that if I was in love I would also do the same things that u described n ALSO expect sumthing in return(although most people including me would say that I don't expect anything in return). According to me - Love binds 2 souls into one. One starts caring for the other person more than himself or herself(which changes a basic human nature to look after oneself first) and feels happy when ur lover is happy n sad when he is sad.One starts feeling that the other person's life is as important as one's own as the two lovers are actually one soul in two bodies.....I hope Im not boring u wid my philosophy....

sanket kambli said...

Love can be one way.....only if its a *thing* you love....not human..
in case of human's love has to be two way....give love! they feel love! they return love!

p.s. I have updated my blog!

Unknown said...

Hi, Well I don'i agree with the "no expectations" definition. u said,u hav no expectations from others but only from dis special person, I Feel it might be b'coz u see the capability in him for fulfilling them. Don't let ur hopes go down on him. Just have patience, one day u will be surprised when he'll do things according to ur expectations. so keep expecting and have faith.

Anonymous said...

As the above respected lady, sudha said, there shud be some little xpectations, which when fulfilled by the counterpart, the smile n grin in loved one's face makes our joy knew no bounds... Love is the complex but the simplest feeling tat makes us smile even at the hardest part n gives us the josh to do the toughest thing easily. all this thing for the one whom one LOVES.. also faith n understanding makes the LOVE stronger n healthier n long lasting... LOVE is nothing but surrendering ourselves for the one who loves us more n sacrificing the ego n attitude so that we may not loose the one whom we love..

Unknown said...

As the above respected lady, sudha said, there shud be some little xpectations, which when fulfilled by the counterpart, the smile n grin in loved one's face makes our joy knew no bounds... Love is the complex but the simplest feeling tat makes us smile even at the hardest part n gives us the josh to do the toughest thing easily. all this thing for the one whom one LOVES.. also faith n understanding makes the LOVE stronger n healthier n long lasting... LOVE is nothing but surrendering ourselves for the one who loves us more n sacrificing the ego n attitude so that we may not loose the one whom we love.. ANAND..

BIG Omi said...

Hey dear,
according to me what you have written was just one of the feature of love and cant be considered as full fledged definition of love, althogh if you will ask me, i know u wont be asking me, then love means an emotional imbalance of mind, where some particular characteristic of some person, preferably opposite sex, attracts you and after a period of time you feel as if she/he is the world, but well said by some one ..Love is just a part of life and not the heart of life..