Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Brainy Bhatt and ME

I came up with a good idea for a short story. The basic concept was very close to my heart – religion. I narrated my story to Amey. He listened to the entire thing and then accused me of plagiarism! Moi, a copycat? Preposterous!

He says the story is too much like an ancient Bollywood flick “Zakam” (It means wound or hurt) written and directed by the great Mahesh Bhatt.

Eeks, his words have left me feeling scandalized. He says I should be proud that Mahesh Uncle and I must share the same brain power and intelligence to come up with the same script.

Pshaw! My friend Nikhil had once said that if 1000 monkeys sit on 1000 typewriters for 1000 years then they can produce Shakespeare (I’m sure that’s not original).

Does that imply I’m a monkey??? I think I’ll take a tip from Symonds and cry racism in a second…

Anyway, I’m heartbroken by these cruel words. Me write a Bollywood type script? Shame on me. My heart shattered into a million pieces. But Amey’s next words made me pick up the fragments…he said the film had won a National Award!!!

Yippee! That means I can write an award winning story! ;-)

Must sue the glue company…my heart is together again, but gaps still exist between the fragments. (Wow, was that a wise line?)

I’m off to work on my projects!

P.S – Today Sudha’s coming. She says she was also ill yesterday. What an excuse to

give!

4 comments:

ameydreams said...

its very hard to call yourself a copycat especially in the world where everyone is dying for credits.Your humble words are good e.g. of a good writer and a honest human being.

sanket kambli said...

stuff...happens...you know...there is this movie agent cody banks...exactly a year before...I had the same idea as is shown in the movie....cant call its copying or anything..it is that since we are humans..our brains are inherently identical .. it is just we choose to use only those parts of our brain that we think are right...ok..now..even I have no idea what I am talking...but I hope you get the drift

Unknown said...

nice blog ....
it is quite an interesting job u've got there .. journalism !!!!
ow i'd love to b a travel writer sumday ....
tho i m publishing this comment to ask u wht did u mean that u'd have loved to rite a poem if it had an animal in it ...wudnt u rather value human emotions ???

sanket kambli said...

where art thou?